Books on Brain Injury:
- Coping with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury [Paperback] by Diane Roberts Stoler (Author)
- Brainlash: Maximize Your Recovery from Mild Brain Injury [Paperback] by Gail L. Denton PhD (Author)
- The Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Workbook: Your Program for Regaining Cognitive Function & Overcoming Emotional Pain (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) [Paperback] Douglas J. Mason (Author), Gottfried Jean-Louis
- For Head Trauma: Mild Head Injury by Philip Wrightson & Dorothy Gronwall Oxford (They have many creative ideas for rehabilitation).
- The Roar of Silence (Sound, music and light therapy) by Don G Campbell
- Traumatic Brain Injury Survival Guide by Glen Johnson, Ph.D. 231-935-0388
Online Brain Injury organizations:
- American Academy of Neurology The American Academy of Neurology provides valuable resources for medical specialists worldwide who are committed to improving the care of patients with neurological diseases.
- Brain and Spinal Cord.org, A leading resource for brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Brain Injury Association The BIA is an organization devoted to serving people with brain injuries and their families. It also seeks to promote Brain Injury prevention as well as research into Brain Injury.
- Brain Injury Chat, message boards, stories and poems written by survivors and caregivers.
- Brain Injury Resource Center A service of Head Injury Hotline, providing difficult to find information about head injury since 1985.
- Brain Injury Society Serving brain injured individuals and their families.
- Coma Recovery Association Advocacy, general information, networking, referrals and support.
- Concussion in High School Sports Educational tool kit that contains a variety of information to help coaches prevent, recognize and manage a concussion.
- Family Caregiver Alliance Family Caregiver Alliance supports and assists caregivers of brain-impaired adults through education, research, services and advocacy. FCA is the lead agency in California’s innovative system of Caregiver Resource Centers.
- Headway From the UK, a brain injury association dedicated to promoting understanding of all aspects of brain injury; and to provide information, support and services to people with a brain injury.
- National Resource Center for Traumatic Brain Injury providing relevant, practical information for professionals, persons with brain injury, and family members. From Virginia Commonwealth University.
- The Perspectives Network TPN’s primary focus is communication between survivors, family members/care givers/friends, professionals and community members in order to create positive changes and enhance public awareness and knowledge of acquired brain injury.
- Brain Map An article describing some of the common effects of damage to specific areas of the brain.
- The Whole Brain Atlas Tremendous brain atlas, visuals are terrific, the depth is superb. From Harvard, and it is worthy of Harvard. This is the web at its best; very technical but you can learn at your own pace, through text and visuals.
- Neuropsychology Central Comprehensive website with links and resources regarding neuropsychology as it result to brain injury A comprehensive World Wide Web directory listing devoted exclusively to the subject of human neuropsychology.
- Shuffle Brain How does the brain store the mind? This and other important questions are explored in this award winning site.
Rehabilitation and Adjustment:
- Brain Book The BRAIN BOOK® System is a unique educational program using the BRAIN BOOK®, a customized life manager/day planner specially designed to meet the complex needs of persons with brain injury.
- Centre For Neuro Skills One of the more comprehensiveTBI pages on the Web, including a glossary. CNS offers rehabilitation programs for individuals suffering from all types of brain injury.
- Naric Resouce Guide Information guide that persons with head injury, their families, and friends can use to adjust to life after head injury. It includes resources to enhance one’s knowledge of head injury, coping and caregiving skills, and the general quality of life for the person with a head injury.
- Ohio Valley Center for Brain Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation The mission of the center is to conduct research, provide education and develop programs to improve the quality of life of persons who experience traumatic brain injury.
- Brain– A Journal of Neurology, Oxford University Press journals.
- Life with TBI Resource-filled site that focuses on surviving traumatic brain injury. Dan Windheim shares his own story of TBI
- Second Chance to Live presents topics in such a way to encourage, motivate and empower the reader to live life on life’s terms. Craig J. Phillips traumatic brain injury survivor advocate, internationally published author, motivational speaker.
Atlas orthogonal Chiropractic:
Evaluation and if necessary treatment for C1 (atlas) or upper cervical mis-alignment.
- For a local practitioner in Lafayette you can contact www.DrMilligan.com or call 925-256-1312 or call for referrals in other areas.
- Dennis Harding, DC, in Auburn, CA 530-823-3734
- Dr. Braga, DC, in Petaluma 707-763-1156,
- Laura Sheehan in San Francisco 415-681-1031 email@example.com
- Jean-Paul Martinet DC in Oakland;
- Andrea Pritchett, DC, Vital Life Wellness Center, 7451 Village Parkway, Dublin, CA 94568 www.vlifewellness.com (925) 829-7900
- Andrew Haug in Clovis, CA (559) 297-1994 www.HaugChiropractic.com
- Dr. Roy Sweat DC 770-457-4430 in Atlanta, GA.
- Layne Linebaugh D.C. at 1055 W. Moana Ln. Ste 120; RENO, NV. 89511; Phone: (775) 827-2323
- Brian Jenkins, D.C. 4136 Pennsylvania Ave; Fair Oaks, CA 95628; Phone: (916) 962-0144
- Julie Amundsen, D.C. at 1000 Schuman Lane, Petaluma, CA 94952; Phone: (707) 763-2018
- Laura A Sheehan, D.C. at 2515 Ocean Ave. #6, San Francisco, CA 94132; Phone: (415) 469-7100
- David Amundsen, D.C. at 1112 B Street, Petaluma, CA 94952; Phone: (707) 763-1156
Koichi Naruishi, DC, Network Spinal Analysis, Hikari Chiropractic, 3286 Adeline St. Suite 9, Berkeley, CA 94703; 510-428-2332 firstname.lastname@example.org