Education is essential to truly understanding Learning Disabilities. You may find the following books, websites, and information helpful for you, but because they have not been especially recommended for you or your child by Dr. Goldman please do not consider them medical advice.
- No Easy Answers: The Learning Disabled Child at Home and at School, (paperback) Sally L. Smith
- Helping Children Overcome Learning Disabilities: A Step-by-Step Guide for Parents and Teachers, Jerome Rosner
- All Kinds of Minds: A Young Student’s Book About Learning Abilities and Learning Disorders, Melvin D. Levine
- The Complete Learning Disabilities Handbook: Ready-to-Use Strategies and Activities for Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities (Jossey-Bass Teacher) [Paperback] Joan M. Harwell (Author) Rebecca Williams Jackson (Author)
- Learning Outside The Lines: Two Ivy League Students With Learning Disabilities And ADHD Give You The Tools [Paperback] Jonathan Mooney (Author), David Cole (Author), Edward M. Hallowell (Foreword)
- Overcoming Dyslexia: A New and Complete Science-Based Program for Reading Problems at Any Level [Paperback] Sally Shaywitz M.D. (Author)
- Dr. Mel Levine’s website offering extensive articles, books and research on how children learn.
I recommend that you consider going to support groups or joining a group such as: