Education is essential to truly understanding Non-verbal Learning Disorder. You may find the following books, websites, and information helpful for you, but because they have not been especially recommended for you or your child by Dr. Goldman please do not consider them medical advice.
Books, Websites and Resources for Nonverbal Learning Disorder:
- Helping a Child with Nonverbal Learning Disorder or Asperger’s Syndrome Kathryn Stewart, Ph.D.
- NLD on the Web has detailed articles on Non-Verbal Learning Disabilities.
- Non-verbal Learning Disabilities at Home by Pamela Tanguay.
- NLDOnline.com and The Source for Non Verbal Learning Disorders by Sue Thompson (or 1-800-PRO IDEA)
- Raising NLD Superstars by Marcia Brown Rubenstien, The Publishers Website
- Dr. Mel Levine’s site offering extensive articles, and research on how children learn.
- A good introductory article on NLD by Sue Thompsom, MA, can be found at www.ldaca.org/
- Part of the ASPEN site has NLD links and articles – use the search function.
- Tera’s NLD Jumpstation: A Resource on Nonverbal Learning Disabilities by an NLD Person
Emotional and social support is often healing. I recommend that you consider going to support groups or joining a group such as:
- The Gifted-NLD-AS list is specifically for parents and teachers of gifted children
- NLDOnline.com and The Source for Non Verbal Learning Disorders by Sue Thompson or 1-800-PRO IDEA